Internet Society Hong Kong (ISOC HK) is looking for part-time interns to conduct preliminary research for developing an index to measure open data in Hong Kong. The interns are expected to work under the supervision of project researcher and coordinator to implement assigned tasks according to the research plan on a tight schedule.
We welcome students interested in open data for a semester internship. The interns should be available to work between 15 and 20 hours per week.
September – December 2018
– Conduct literature review of established open data indices or other international standards that may be relevant;
– Summarize the methodologies and highlights of indices in a structured manner to facilitate comparative studies;
– Attend project meetings;
– Raise recommendations for findings and contribute to the project report;
– Assist in ad-hoc tasks.
– Good command of reading and writing English and Chinese;
– Capable of working independently in accordance with timeline;
– Good communication skill;
– Major in relevant subjects (e.g., social sciences, computer science, research methods) is preferred, or equivalent qualifications or experience in research;
– Good research and computer skills are highly preferred(e.g., Excel, R);
– Knowledge and strong interest in open data are highly preferred;
We provide a stipend based on pay scale of student helpers at major Hong Kong universities.
Please send your CV to Sherry Shek via [email protected]. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
Recruitment will be conducted on rolling basis.