Internet Society Hong Kong (ISOC HK) is looking for part-time interns for an open data project to evaluate the openness of datasets in Hong Kong. The interns are expected to work under the supervision of project researcher and coordinator to implement assigned tasks according to the research plan on a tight schedule.
We welcome students who are interested in open data for a 3—5 months part-time internship. The interns should be available to work between 10 and 20 hours per week.
About ISOC HK
Internet Society Hong Kong (ISOC HK) is a local Chapter of the Internet Society (ISOC), with the vision that an open and accessible network, in technology and policy, contributes to and provides a platform for sustainable development of the information society, which enriches human experience.
ISOC is a non-profit organisation founded in 1992 to provide leadership in Internet related standards, education, and policy. The Hong Kong chapter was founded in 2006 to foster participation from individuals and organisations in Hong Kong, and be a voice and platform for internet professionals, users and the community at large in cooperative efforts on local and international policy, practice and development.
August – October 2019 (to be possibly extended to December)
- Conduct data collection from the major public datasets;
- Evaluate the openness of the collected data according to the given guidelines;
- Attend project meetings;
- Raise recommendations for findings and contribute to the project report; and,
- Assist in ad-hoc tasks, e.g., assisting in focus group interviews and other miscellaneous research tasks.
- Good research and computing skills(e.g., Excel, R);
- Capable of working independently in accordance with timeline;
- Good communication skill;
- Major in relevant subjects (e.g., social sciences, computer science, research methods), or equivalent qualifications or experience in research, is preferred; and,
- Knowledge and strong interest in open data are highly preferred
We provide a stipend based on pay scale of student helpers at major Hong Kong universities.
Work from home for most of the time; sometimes to attend project meetings in Lai Chi Kok or Tsim Sha Tsui.
Please send your CV to Sherry Shek via email@example.com. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
Recruitment will be conducted on rolling basis.